Third Wednesday Real Estate Workshop Series
No matter what your interest in real estate, the MikkiMoves Real Estate Workshop series is for you!
Every third Wednesday of the month, MikkiMoves is presenting a free workshop to home buyers, home sellers, investors, landlords and/or homeowners who are interested in doing more with the property they have.
You’ll learn tips, strategies, new approaches and information that will inform you and deepen your understanding of real estate.
Presenters will include specialists from various areas of the industry based on the topic being presented. You’ll enjoy informative presentations and have the opportunity to pose your questions to specialists who can answer them.
Whether you want to learn more about increasing the value of the property you have, or you’re looking for a new one, check out our list of topics (at right).
Workshops are free of charge, although pre-registration is required. Anyone may attend.
Oct. 18th Workshop: Home Safety
Learn Safety Tips to Protect You, Your Family & Home
- Know about Emergency situations. Guest speaker Jim Wickham PG&E Representative & retired Law Enforcement officer
- Know about Home Insurance. Guest speaker Jan Loewen Insurance Services
We welcome drop off donations for families that lost their homes in the fires.
If you lost your home please let us help you with FEMA filing services.
Limited seating. Reserve your spot now!
September 20th Workshop:
Thinking of Downsizing?
Outgrown your house?
How to sell and buy
at the same time
- Have your children moved out?
- Do you sell your house first? Or find a new home first?
- Can you sell without making repairs?
- Can you save on property taxes if you are 55 and older?
Come to our free workshop to have these questions and more answered!
Presentations by Mikki Cardoza of MikkiMoves Real Estate, Thomas Hernanzes of 5th St. Financial, and other guest speakers.
August 16 Workshop: Enhancing Your Home
Make your home the home you love!
Refresh. Reorganize. Update.
Need extra space, want to increase your property value or simply want to enjoy your living space more?
- Painting tips
- Landscaping ideas
Local professionals to share their tips with you!
July 19: Adding a Second Unit
Thinking Granny Unit? Tiny House? Backyard Cottage?
Whether you need extra space or extra income, this workshop will deliver information to get you started.
- Learn how to add a second unit.
- Increase your property value or create rental income.
- Find out about zoning and whether your idea might qualify under zoning laws.
- Get your questions answered.
Presentations by Robert Garant of CottageDepot.com & Sonoma Valley Engineering Corporation, plus other guest speakers.
- How to Sell & Buy at the Same Time in Sonoma County
- Getting Your Home Ready for Sale
- Staging Your House
- Curb Appeal / Gardening
- Safety & Security in Your Home (alarm systems, child proofing, etc)
- Renting vs Buying
- Investing / 1031 Exchange
- How to be an Effective Landlord
- What Interests You? (suggest a topic!)