For Sale By Owner (FSBO) Real Estate Resources
Thinking about selling your home? Sometimes people consider the idea of selling it themselves. If you want to go this route, MikkiMoves offers help and resources.
For a flat fee, we can assist you with paperwork and disclosures. We’ll also help you answer the question of “what’s next?” at every point in the transaction.
But, before you move forward, there are pros and cons to consider with a For Sale by Owner, or FSBO real estate listing.
The Pros of FSBO
- Earn the fee that you would have paid to a Realtor®
- Learn a lot about real estate transactions and the problems that can arise
The Cons of FSBO
- It takes a massive amount of time, energy, and finesse
- Can be difficult to negotiate when you’re emotionally attached to both your home and the outcome
- Concerns about safety when showing your home to strangers
- Can be tough to ask necessary questions, like the financial ability of prospective buyers
- Could be at risk of a lawsuit if proper disclosures are not delivered
- Often owners end up giving away money or repairs they don’t need to, costing them money
Working with a qualified Realtor® can make the process of selling your home much easier and less stressful. Often sellers are attracted to the idea of selling by owner because of the potential savings, but don’t take into account the amount of time and energy necessary to advertise their listing, show their home, and negotiate the transaction.
Whichever route you decide to take, let us help.
For information about For Sale By Owner listings, Contact MikkiMoves